100% Vesting from Day One for All Carriers • Superior Healthcare Reform Support • Free & Custom Marketing Support
These are just a few of the many reasons why you’d choose GBL as your General Agency.
We have great relationships with high-quality, nationally-recognized insurance carriers and we proudly service the Midwest, including independent insurance agents in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.
To learn more about joining the GBL family, please contact:
Illinois & Iowa
Iowa & Nebraska
Iowa & South Dakota
Missouri Agents: (855) 274-2383 | South Dakota Agents: (877) 441-8647
For all your contracting and licensing questions, please contact:
At GBL, our affiliated agents are our family. And we take care of our family. It’s just the right thing to do.
Work at GBL!
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consulted with more than 3,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
Looking for part-time work? We still want to hear from you! Part-time positions will be considered for all job opportunities listed below.
Level 1 Group Support Specialist
We are currently looking to add a Support Specialist to our team. This position will be responsible for providing data entry and clerical support to GBL’s Group Account Management teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and efficient turnaround of data entry and clerical services in support of sales, retention, and service goals
- Assist with new group installs, quotes, membership changes, and renewals
- Understand contact management system and use it daily
- Ensure proper documentation of work that is completed while maintaining accurate information/records
- Support retention and news sales goals while providing high customer service levels
- Utilize and adhere to established and documented departmental processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- 1-2 years of experience, preferred
- AgencyBloc or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Self-motivated and driven
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
Posted September 24, 2019