100% Vesting from Day One for All Carriers • Superior Healthcare Reform Support • Free & Custom Marketing Support
These are just a few of the many reasons why you’d choose GBL as your General Agency.
We have great relationships with high-quality, nationally-recognized insurance carriers and we proudly service the Midwest, including independent insurance agents in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.
To learn more about joining the GBL family, please contact:
Illinois & Iowa
Iowa & Nebraska
Iowa & South Dakota
Missouri Agents: (855) 274-2383 | South Dakota Agents: (877) 441-8647
For all your contracting and licensing questions, please contact:
At GBL, our affiliated agents are our family. And we take care of our family. It’s just the right thing to do.
Work at GBL!
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consulted with more than 3,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
Licensing & Contracting Specialist
We are currently looking to add to our team with an exciting opportunity as Licensing and Contracting Specialist. This position will be responsible for guiding agents through the contracting process for the various carriers with whom we partner. L&C Specialists are the primary source of communication involving appointment requirements, business and appointment transfers, and business exit processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain agent appointments in a timely manner by clear communication of contracting requirements, process, and time frame
- Aid agents in completing documents and processes for carriers to transfer their business to another agent upon exit from an agency, retirement, or death. Also to help agents move their business and appointments under GBL/AFC from another GA.
- Immediately communicating requirements from carriers or government for agents to maintain their appointments.
- Completing contracts for internal agents. Investigating contracting issues for the individual support team, group support team, and commission team.
- Participate in a team to contact agents about time sensitive and urgent matters. Document progress to insure completion of task.
- Answer phones quickly and get caller to who they need.
- This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- 1-2 years of experience, preferred
- AgencyBloc or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Posted September 12, 2018