100% Vesting from Day One for All Carriers • Superior Healthcare Reform Support • Free & Custom Marketing Support
These are just a few of the many reasons why you’d choose GBL as your General Agency.
We have great relationships with high-quality, nationally-recognized insurance carriers and we proudly service the Midwest, including independent insurance agents in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.
To learn more about joining the GBL family, please contact:
Illinois & Iowa
Iowa & Nebraska
Iowa & South Dakota
Missouri Agents: (855) 274-2383 | South Dakota Agents: (877) 441-8647
For all your contracting and licensing questions, please contact:
At GBL, our affiliated agents are our family. And we take care of our family. It’s just the right thing to do.
Work at GBL!
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consulted with more than 3,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
Looking for part-time work? We still want to hear from you! Part-time positions will be considered for all job opportunities listed below.
Large Group Account Manager, Employee Benefits
We are currently looking to add a Large Group Account Manager to our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain carrier renewal information on behalf of clients, work with Account Executive and GBL-affiliated agents to develop client recommendations, assist GBL-affiliated agents with the completion of the renewal process for group health insurance customers
- Communicate requirements to obtain new sales proposals, assist with the collection of information on behalf of clients, obtain proposals from carrier partners, asisst GBL-affiliated agents with the completion of the installation process for new group health insurance customers
- Obtain relevant customer reporting data and use existing resources to organize and highlight specific information
- Provide consultation about requirements of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and healthcare reform, research new legislative guidance, and ensure client compliance with ongoing legal changes
- Provide timely, courteous and accurate response to all inquiries, conducting research when necessary and communicating results
- Handle confidential client information, complying with various HIPAA and other business and legal requirements
- Carrier expert development in adherence to the established process
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- Health and Life Insurance License within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 5 years experience administering Employee Benefits Accounts with premiums over $50,000
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High comfort level with Excel
- Thorough understanding of complex group insurance terms, products, and strategies
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating a positive attitudue and effort in order to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to actively listen and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work in a fast-paced environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Posted February 27, 2020