100% Vesting from Day One for All Carriers • Superior Healthcare Reform Support • Free & Custom Marketing Support
These are just a few of the many reasons why you’d choose GBL as your General Agency.
We have great relationships with high-quality, nationally-recognized insurance carriers and we proudly service the Midwest, including independent insurance agents in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.
To learn more about joining the GBL family, please contact:
Illinois & Iowa
Iowa & Nebraska
Iowa & South Dakota
Missouri Agents: (855) 274-2383 | South Dakota Agents: (877) 441-8647
For all your contracting and licensing questions, please contact:
At GBL, our affiliated agents are our family. And we take care of our family. It’s just the right thing to do.
Work at GBL!
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consulted with more than 3,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-Time Group Account Manager
- Provides superb service to our external, affiliate agents who sell group health insurance through GBL.
- Provides accurate and reliable information in response to agent questions, assist with the sales and renewal processes, and handle escalated service issues with speed, efficiency, and grace.
- Proactively acts as the key “go to” person for agents when sales, renewal, or benefit plan issues arise, ultimately developing a close partnership with our affiliate agents
- Assists agents with effectively managing benefit annual enrollment periods and the implementation of plan changes and transfers of coverage.
- Assists with day-to-day service issues and concerns, such as eligibility, claim and billing issues, and the like.
- Tracks a large number of open issues, communicates thoroughly with agents and vendors to ensure a common understanding of each issue, where an issue stands at any given time, and ultimately how each issue is resolved.
- Thoroughly documents issues so comprehensive client histories are developed and maintained.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of current benefit plan regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A degree in business, human resources, health care administration or other related area is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ account management experience in large group health insurance or a related industry.
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability products) desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to use available resources to research regulatory issues and provide clear, concise and accurate information and guidance to clients.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently and be detailed, organized and resourceful, motivating others inside and outside of the firm to accomplish goals.
- Be professional in both appearance and manner.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Account management experience – 5 years
Interested parties should send a resume to email@example.com.