100% Vesting from Day One for All Carriers • Superior Healthcare Reform Support • Free & Custom Marketing Support
These are just a few of the many reasons why you’d choose GBL as your General Agency.
We have great relationships with high-quality, nationally-recognized insurance carriers and we proudly service the Midwest, including independent insurance agents in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.
To learn more about joining the GBL family, please contact:
Illinois & Iowa
Iowa & Nebraska
Iowa & South Dakota
Missouri Agents: (855) 274-2383 | South Dakota Agents: (877) 441-8647
For all your contracting and licensing questions, please contact:
At GBL, our affiliated agents are our family. And we take care of our family. It’s just the right thing to do.
Work at GBL!
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consulted with more than 3,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
Looking for part-time work? We still want to hear from you! Part-time positions will be considered for all job opportunities listed below.
Individual Level 1 Account Manager
We are currently looking to add an Individual Level 1 Account Manager to our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist agents with questions, concerns, applications and forms relating to current and potential clients via phone, email and face-to-face meetings when needed
- Scrub and submit applications, cancellation, bank changes, AORs and any other documentation an agent sends in for submission that goes to the carriers
- Help create guides, emails and tools to assist agents in MA/PDP certification, FFM testing, and Agent Certification and other useful material
- Gather and distribute breaking information regarding the insurance market for weekly webinars, email blasts, and social media outlets
- Onboarding for new agents, assist with information and questions relating to new carrier websites and processes
- Promoting additional carriers to agents who are not contracted/or moving a book of business while interacting with agents
- Review incomplete activities from processing team or commissions area and resolve so cases are issued/policy changes are completed/commissions are paid; process returned application and follow up with agents once completed
- Create specified segment(s) for Agent Training for GBL University
- Sit with new GBL employees and updated them with what the Level 1 Individual Team does
- Process AOR changes and update Link for commissions team
- Routinely check and update the GBL Agent Portal for updated applications, forms, and information regarding the individual market/carriers
- Assist with agents meeting random Wellmark Compliance Audits and Wellmark Annual Certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- Health and Life Insurance License within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the insurance industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High comfort level with Excel
- Thorough understanding of complex group insurance terms, products, and strategies
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating a positive attitude and effort in order to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to actively listen and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work in a fast-paced environment
- Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Posted May 29, 2020