100% Vesting from Day One for All Carriers • Superior Healthcare Reform Support • Free & Custom Marketing Support
These are just a few of the many reasons why you’d choose GBL as your General Agency.
We have great relationships with high-quality, nationally-recognized insurance carriers and we proudly service the Midwest, including independent insurance agents in Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska and South Dakota.
To learn more about joining the GBL family, please contact:
Illinois & Iowa
Iowa & Nebraska
Iowa & South Dakota
Missouri Agents: (855) 274-2383 | South Dakota Agents: (877) 441-8647
For all your contracting and licensing questions, please contact:
At GBL, our affiliated agents are our family. And we take care of our family. It’s just the right thing to do.
Work at GBL!
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consulted with more than 3,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
Full Time Data Processor – Temporary
- Process membership requests for all carriers with whom GBL has relationships
- The incumbent must learn and have expert-level understanding of each carrier’s membership requirements
- Process quote requests for all carriers with whom GBL has relationships
- The incumbent must learn and have expert-level understanding of each carrier’s quoting requirements
- Provide superb service, responsiveness, and accountability to GBL’s group team
- Thoroughly document activities using our CRM system so comprehensive client histories are developed and maintained
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- This position requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and procedures
- Must have superb follow through on assigned projects and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of group insurance (medical, dental, vision, life and disability products) desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and be detailed, organized and resourceful
- Be professional in both appearance and manner
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred
Please send resumes and cover letters (optional) to Marty Rolfes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-Time Licensing & Contracting Specialist
Group Benefits, Ltd. has an immediate opening for a Part time Licensing & Contracting Specialist at their Urbandale, Iowa office. This would be a great position for someone looking for Mother’s hours. The Licensing & Contracting Specialist is primarily responsible for processing and updating agent and carrier contracts. This position also helps keep agent records up to date so agents continue to receive commissions.
This position requires superior skills in Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Excel. The incumbent must be detail-oriented, have strong follow-through, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. This person needs to be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task and at times work on the same thing for many hours.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Roxann Swenson at email@example.com.